The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on August 7, 2018 integrated the TRAI Mobile Apps namely DND 2.0 and MyCall with UMANG Platform.
From now onwards, the DND 2.0 and MyCall mobile apps will also be available on Umang Platform.
This integration is part of the policy initiatives of TRAI that the authority has been undertaking over the years to protect the interests of the consumers to safeguard their interests.
Presently, UMANG has more than 50 lakhs downloads and TRAI apps individually have more than 4 lakhs downloads. With a view to increase reachability and facilitate citizens, NeGD and TRAI have integrated DND 2.0 and My Call App on UMANG Android platform (App).
Consumers having Android phones can either download the TRAI apps individually from Google Playstore or can Access it directly from the UMANG application.
Key features of TRAI MyCall App
• TRAI MyCall is an intuitive and user friendly application for Crowdsourced Voice Call Quality Monitoring.
• It helps mobile phone users to rate their experience about voice call quality in real time and help TRAI to gather consumer experience data along with network data.
• The app prompts a pop up request for the user to rate the call after it ends.
• Callers simply select their rating in the form of stars and indicate if the calls were made in indoor, outdoor or while travelling.
• Callers can also provide additional details such as noise or audio delay or mark a call-drop.
DND 2.0 App
• DND (Do Not Disturb) Services App enables smart phone users to register their mobile number under DND.
• Users can report spam messages or calls to avoid Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC), telemarketing calls or even SMSes.
UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) platform
• The UMANG platform was developed by National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
• Launched on November 23, 2017 by PM Narendra Modi, UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen centric services.
• It provides a unified approach where citizens can install one application to avail multiple government services.
• The app provides a unified approach where you can install one application to avail multiple government services.
• It contains 162 services of 33 departments or applications and 4 States.
• It is a single mobile app that has an access to 1200 services of various government offices from Centre, State and utility services.
• It supports 13 Indian languages and caters to on-demand scalability.
• It provides all pan India e-Gov services like Aadhaar and Digilocker on one single platform.
• Whether one needs to pay utility bills, file income tax, book a gas cylinder, know about your Provident fund account or have Aadhaar related query, UMANG provides all these services.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider