A two-day scientific convention was inaugurated in New Delhi on April 10, 2018, on the occasion of the World Homeopathy Day.
The convention was organised by the Central Council of Homeopathy (CCH), a statutory body under the Department of AYUSH, and inaugurated by Indian Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu.
The World Homeopathy day is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homeopathy Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann.
The theme of the convention is "Innovate: Evolve; Progress: Exploring Science since 40 years".
• The event would see participation from several delegates from the field of health and research including homeopathic researchers, practitioners, students, industrialists as well as representatives from various homeopathic associations.
• Many reputed scientists and veterans of Homeopathy would be the speakers at the event.
• The event would also see scientists from other allied sciences presenting their findings related to studies on Homeopathy.
• AYUSH awards relating to Homeopathy for Life Time Achievement, Best Teacher, Young Scientist and Best Research paper would also be conferred on the occasion.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
About Central Council for Research in Homeopathy (CCRH)
• The council organised the scientific convention on the World Homeopathy Day to pay tributes to Dr. Hahnemann, on his 263rd birth anniversary.
• The Council's research activities during last 40 years have yielded reassuring results and carved out a future roadmap for the scientists working in the field of Homeopathy.
• The council has so far accomplished around 168 clinical researches, 40 basic researches, standardization studies of 348 drugs, proving of 112 drugs and clinical verification of 106 drugs.
• The results will be showcased in an exclusive Exhibition for the delegates during the convention.
• Besides, the council has also undertaken studies on 5 epidemic diseases such as dengue, malaria, chikungunya, influenza-like illness and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES).
• The council has also initiated the Short Term Studentship in Homeopathy (STSH) Program with the vision to inculcate research aptitude among homeopathic undergraduates, under which 52 students have been awarded scholarships.
• The council would also be signing agreements with PG Homeopathic Colleges on the occasion of the World Homeopathy Day to support the development of research infrastructure in an effort to link education with research.