The Union Cabinet on 31 August 2016 approved the scheme for grant of Permanent Residency Status (PRS) to foreign investors subject to the relevant conditions as specified in the FDI Policy notified by the Government from time to time.
It is expected that the scheme would encourage foreign investment in India and facilitate Make in India Programme.
• Under the Scheme, suitable provisions will be incorporated in the Visa Manual to provide for the grant of PRS to foreign investors.
• The PRS will be granted for a period of 10 years with multiple entries.
• This can be reviewed for another 10 years if the PRS holder has not come to adverse notice.
• The scheme will be applicable only to foreign investors fulfilling the prescribed eligibility conditions, his/her spouse and dependents.
• In order to avail this scheme, the foreign investor will have to invest a minimum of 10 crores rupees to be brought within 18 months or 25 crores rupees to be brought within 36 months.
• Further, the foreign investment should result in generating employment to at least 20 resident Indians every financial year.
Apart from this, the Permanent Residency Status (PRS) will be granted for a period of 10 years initially with multiple entry facility, which can be renewed for another 10 years. PRS will serve as a multiple entry visa without any stay stipulation and PRS holders will be exempted from the registration requirements.
PRS holders will be allowed to purchase one residential property for dwelling purpose. The spouse/dependents of the PRS holder will be allowed to take up employment in private sector (in relaxation to salary stipulations for Employment Visa) and undertake studies in India.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
MoUD and Amar Chitra Katha signs MoU to publish and distribute comic book on Swachh Bharat Mission
Gujarat becomes first state to distribute 2 crore LED Bulbs under UJALA
Mukesh Mehta appointed as President of India Bullion and Jewellers Association
Aishwaryaa R Dhanush appointed as UN Women’s Advocate for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in India