Union government on 1 December 2014 announced 28000 crore rupees package for the development of North-East. The announcement was made by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi during his visit to North Eastern States of India.
During his visit, he announced
• 28000 crore rupees for laying new railway lines in the region and develop the untapped tourism potential of the area.
• Sanctioned 5000 crore rupees to provide 2G mobile coverage in the area for comprehensive telecom development plan of the northeast region
• To set up a National Sports University in Manipur and the people of the region will be great beneficiaries.
• To set up six new agriculture colleges in North East region to make it organic capital of the country.
• To set up Apparel manufacturing centres in each of the eight Northeast states starting with Assam, Nagaland and Sikkim.
• To provide scholarships for students from the Northeast saying that 10000 students will be beneficiaries of the same.
Who: Union government
Where: North East of India
When: 1 December 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.