Union Government constituted IMC for smooth allocation of cancelled coal blocks
Union Coal Ministry constituted high-level inter-ministerial committee to ensure smooth allocation of 204 cancelled coal blocks.
Union Government on 12 November 2014 constituted a high-level Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) to ensure smooth allocation of 204 cancelled coal blocks. The committee will provide advise on policy issues and interact with the industry.
The nine-member committee headed Additional Secretary Ministry of (M/o) Coal will have other members from
• Joint Secretary, M/O Coal
• Advisor (Projects), M/O Coal
• Representative of Ministry of power
• Representative of Ministry of steel
• Representative of Ministry of legal affairs (M/o Law and Justice)
• Representative of Ministry of Industrial Policy and Promotion (M/o Commerce and Industry)
• Representative of Ministry of Economic Affairs (M/o Finance)
• Director (CA-III), M/o Coal as Member Converner
Union Coal Ministry in an official communication said that the nominated authority (under Vivek BHaradwaj) created under the Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Ordinance, 2014 is required to undertake management and reallocation of 204 coal blocks canceled by the Supreme Court. In discharge of duties, the Nominated Authority is required to consult Central Government on various policy matters.
The committee will also interact with industry chambers and Coal Producer and Steel Manufacturer Association to ascertain their views on the procedure and methodology of auction of coal block. It will also advise on any other issue referred by the Union Ministry of Coal in connection with coal block allocations.