Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on 10 January 2017 inaugurated the three-day International Conference and Exhibition on Re-enforced Plastics (ICERP) at Bombay Exhibition Center, Mumbai.
ICERP 2017 is being organised by FRP Institute, an association of Indian Reinforced Plastics or Indian Composites sector.
About ICERP 2017
• ICERP is organized by FRP Institute once in every two years. It is the second largest event in Asia.
• This will be the 8th exhibition in the series being organized by FRP Institute since 2002.
• The three-day ICERP 2017 event will comprise of exhibitions and conference programmes emphasizing on mechanism, process and automation.
• There will be business meetings concentrating on technological tie-ups with global leaders.
• Moreover, ICERP-JEC innovation awards will also be presented jointly by FRP Institutes and JEC France for the display of composite and innovative products and demonstrations of composites process.
• The emphasis of the ICERP 2017 will be on the upgradation of composites technology in India to reach global level in terms of product quality.
• It will also focus on addressing the challenges that have to be met to achieve global standards.
• There will also be a display of selected composites products and innovative products developed in India to render an opportunity for the end users to learn the latest trends in the composites products.
• There will be demonstrations on composites processes and this will be an attractive feature for the visitors and delegates.
The Indian composites sector is fully capable of supplying 100 per cent of requirements of the defence sector. Composite materials are emerging as an innovative alternative for steel and aluminium and therefore these can be used in defence equipment manufacturing.
Composite materials also play an important role in light weight and corrosion resistant application in various sectors.
When: 10 January 2017