Union Government on 27 November 2014 launched Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) Scheme or E-visa to make travel of foreigners to India on Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVOA) facility easier. The scheme is available for 43 countries to boost tourism to India.
About Electronic Travel Authorization Scheme
• The Electronic Travel Authorization Scheme or E-visa facility is available to Foreigners who wants to visit for recreation, sightseeing, short duration medical treatment, casual business visit, casual visit to meet friends or relatives which is not valid for any other purposes.
• The facility will allow entry into India within 30 days from the date of approval of ETA and will be valid for 30 days stay in India from the date of arrival in India.
• The facility cannot be available more than twice in a calendar year and it will be available at nine International airports in India namely Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Goa.
• The foreigner or visitor can apply for an India visa online without visiting Indian Mission and can also pay the visa fee online.
• Once visa is approved then applicant will receive an email authorising the applicant to travel to India and the visitor has to present the authorisation to the immigration authorities on arrival to India where they will stamp the entry into India.
• The facility is available to following 43 countries nationals to travel to India for tourism for a short stay of 30 days.
• The countries are Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Djibouti, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kingdom of Tongo, Laos, Luxembourg, Mauritius, Mexico, Myanmar, New Zealand, Niue, Norway, Oman, Palestine, Papua & New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Kiribati, South Korea, Republic of Marshall Islands, Republic of Nauru, Republic of Palau, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vietnam and Vanuatu.
• However, this facility will not be available to people from countries like Pakistan, Sudan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Sri Lanka and Somalia.
When: 27 November 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Eight-foot bronze statue of World War II Indian pilot Mohinder Singh Pujji unveiled in UK
PV Sindhu won 2014 Macau Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton Title
CERN scientists discovered two subatomic particles belonging to the family of baryon
Book titled Letters for a Nation written by Jawaharlal Nehru & Madhav Khosla