The Union Government on 23 April 2016 launched Sahapedia.org, India's first online interactive portal on the cultural heritage of the country.
Sahapedia is a collection of resources on the diverse heritage of India. It is non-profit society, led by former TCS chairman S. Ramadorai, who is the head of the National Skill Development Agency.
The online portal aims at educating the people of India about its various traditions, visual arts, performing arts, literature and languages. The portal is accessible to all and is a strong initiative towards the digitisation and research on the traditional art forms of India and their importance in the modern era.
• Sahapedia is an open online resource on the arts, cultures and heritage of India.
• Saha, Sanskrit for together with, is an invitation to explore together the richness of India’s cultural landscapes.
• The portal consists of information ranging from visual arts, music, literature, cinema, dance, architecture, ecological systems, cuisine, percussion and oral histories among others.
• The portal gives users access to various articles, videos, interviews and image galleries.
• Most of the articles on the portal are curated in the form of multimedia modules, articles, interviews, photographs, videos of performances, timelines, walkthroughs and bibliographies.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 23 April 2016