Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines Piyush Goyal on 17 August 2016 launched TARANG Mobile App, e-Trans and DEEP e-bidding web portals in New Delhi.
They were developed by Rural Electrification Corporation Transmission Projects Company Limited (RECTPCL), a subsidiary of REC Ltd.
The initiatives were launched keeping in line with the Digital India initiative. The primarily seek to enhance transparency in power sector.
Features of TARANG
• It stands for Transmission App for Real Time Monitoring and Growth.
• The mobile application as well as the web portal will act as powerful monitoring tool to track upcoming transmission projects.
• It will also be utilized to monitor the progress of inter-state and intra-state transmission systems in the country.
• It helps the stakeholders - Ministry of Power, State Governments, all private sector transmission developers and PSUs like Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. for expeditious completion of such projects.
• Green Energy Corridors, an important component of renewable energy mission, would also be monitored through TARANG and help to meet ambitious targets in same on time.
• It shall enhance ease, accountability and transparency and would boost confidence of investors in power transmission sector.
• Better price discovery shall ultimately benefit the power consumers in India.
• It was developed through Regulated tariff mechanism as well as Tariff Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB) route.
Features of e-Trans
• It is a web platform for e-bidding and e-reverse auction for Tariff Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB) in transmission projects.
• Till date, transmission sector providers have been participating in transmission bids through manual mode.
• With e-Trans, the interface will be electronic.
• On the lines of coal sector, reverse auction is being introduced in transmission sector to facilitate better price discovery in transmission projects.
Features of DEEP
• DEEP stands for Discovery of Efficient Electricity Price.
• It is an e-Bidding portal for medium term (1-5 years) purchase of power.
• It will provide a common e-bidding platform with e-reverse auction facility to facilitate nation-wide power procurement through a wider network.
• It facilitates realization of uniform and transparent process of power procurement.
• With this, the cost of procurement of power is expected to be reduced substantially, thereby significantly benefiting the ultimate consumers.
• The Portal is based on the Guidelines for Medium Term procurement of Power which was notified by Union Government in 2014 and further amended on May 2015.
• The scope of this portal shall be further expanded to cover long term procurement of power.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Where: New Delhi
When: 17 August 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.