Union Government launches ePACE, INFRACON and up-Scaled INAM PRO for Road Transport Sector
These initiatives developed by National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd are aimed at making the road building procedure faster, more transparent and more efficient.
Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari on 16 May 2016 launched three initiatives for best practices in road transport sector. These three innovative IT initiatives are: INFRACON, ePACE and up-Scaled INAM PRO.
These initiatives are aimed at making the road building procedure faster, more transparent and more efficient.
These innovative IT initiatives are developed in house by National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (NHIDCL).
Key points of these initiatives
ePACE: It stands for Projects Appraisal & Continuing Enhancements and it is an online integrated Management Information System.
• It brings projects from all wings of the Ministry under a common platform, ensuring their effective and real time tracking.
• More than 2000 projects being executed by multiple agencies are currently listed on the portal.
• The portal can be freely accessed by anybody, and information regarding projects in any particular state can be found at the click of a button.
• The portal also allows for validation checks to prevent wrongful entries, making it difficult to fudge figures.
• It has provision to obtain reports in multiple formats with graphical interface for round the clock monitoring.
• It has also been provided with GIS interface to enable easy geo-tracking of the projects.
• The architecture of the application is scalable and customizable.
• ePACE as a platform is amenable to be used for monitoring projects pertaining to any ministry in the country and can improve governance of such projects.
INFRACON: It is the National Portal for Infrastructure Consultancy Firms and Key Personnel.
• It acts as a kind of bridge between consultancy firms working in the road engineering and construction sector and domain experts and key personnel
• It has linkages to Aadhar and Digi-locker for data validation and purity.
• 474 consultancy firms and 2387 key personnel under various categories are already registered with the portal.
• It will lead to a significant reduction of paper work during bid submissions and also brings in a lot of transparency and speed since the evaluation of technical bids can be done at the click of a button.
INAM PRO: It has been developed as a web-based application (www.inampro.nic.in) for Infrastructure and Material Providers.
• It is a kind of a web based market place that brings together the material providers and the prospective buyers on a common platform.
• It was launched in March 2015 to facilitate contractors and cement buyers engaged in executing projects in road transport sector to place cement orders online with the registered cement companies.
• With the help of INAM Pro, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways is able to track and monitor the activities of buyers and suppliers, and remove impediments of both the parties
• Given the success of INAM-PRO, other materials like steel and steel slag have also been brought on this platform so as to make this as a comprehensive e-market place for infrastructure providers.
Besides, these Nitin Gadkari also released the IT Task Force Report, which has suggested many innovative ways in which IT can be used to make the working of the transport sector more efficient and transparent.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App