RK Singh, Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy, on 14 November 2017 launched the National Power Portal (NPP) for collation and dissemination of Indian power sector information. The portal can be accessed at http://npp.gov.in.
The stakeholders of NPP are Ministry of Power (MoP), CEA, PFC for Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS), REC for Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY), other power sector utilities in government as well as private sector and other government organizations.
Highlights of National Power Portal
• NPP is a centralised system for Indian Power Sector that facilitates online data capture and input from generation, transmission and distribution utilities.
• The Nodal Agency for implementation of NPP and its operational control is Central Electricity Authority (CEA).
• The system has been conceptualized, designed and developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC).
• It enables dissemination of Power Sector Information related to operation, capacity, demand, supply and consumption through analysed reports, graphs, statistics for central, state and private sector.
• The NPP Dashboard will disseminate analyzed information through GIS enabled navigation and visualization chart windows on capacity, generation, distribution at national, state, DISCOM, town, feeder level and scheme based funding to states.
• It also facilitates various types of statutory reports required to be published regularly.
• Its dashboard will also act as the single point interface for all power sector Apps launched previously like TARANG, UJALA, VIDYUT PRAVAH, GARV, URJA, MERIT.
• NPP is integrated with associated systems of Central Electricity Authority (CEA), Power Finance Corporation (PFC), Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) and other major utilities.
• It will serve as single authentic source of power sector information for apex bodies, utilities for the purpose of analysis, planning, monitoring as well as for public users.
• It will be available 24x7 and will ensure effective and timely collection of data.
When: 14 November 2017