The Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) on 9 November 2016 launched the Pradhan Mantri YUVA Yojana to boost up an ecosystem of entrepreneurship for young people.
Highlights of the Yojana
• The scheme was launched for the time period of over five years (2016-17 to 2020-21) with a project cost of 499.94 crore rupees.
• It will offer entrepreneurship education and training to around 7 lakh students in 5 years through 3050 Institutes.
• It will also offer easy access to information and mentor network, credit and advocacy to build a way-out for the youngsters.
• The institutes under the Yojana include 2200 Institutes of Higher Learning (colleges, universities, and premier institutes), 300 schools, 500 ITIs and 50 Entrepreneurship Development Centres.
• These institutes will carry out the training through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
• The Ministry also unveiled the guidelines for State Engagement under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 2.0 (2016-2020). It allocated around 3000 crore rupees for the States to achieve its target of training 10 million people in over 4 years.
• It also launched the Lab Guidelines towards standardisation of lab equipment across skill development training centres in India.
• MSDE announced the institutionalisation of National Entrepreneurship awards for first generation achievers below 30 years for the very first time. The Entrepreneurship Awards will be given on 16 January 2017.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.