Union Government launches quality mark logo for milk and milk products
NDDB's quality mark will provide dairy cooperatives and producer institutions the much-needed brand identity and a competitive edge.
Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh on 20 July 2017 launched National Dairy Development Board's (NDDB) quality logo for milk and milk products to signify safe and quality milk and milk products from dairy cooperatives.
This move will reinforce the consumers' recognition that the quality mark is synonymous with good quality.
• NDDB's quality mark will provide dairy cooperatives and producer institutions the much-needed brand identity and a competitive edge.
• This will also contribute to building consumer confidence in dairy cooperative brands.
• It will also bring about process improvement in the entire value chain from producer to the consumers to ensure availability of quality milk and milk products.
• This system does not propose any new, additional system for food safety and quality management but lays down the processes required for ensuring quality and safety.
• The award of quality mark would be valid for three years subject to maintenance of quality, food safety standards and compliance with the terms and conditions of the agreement.