Union Minister of Science & Technology Harshvardhan on 27 July 2017 launched Sagar Vani application on the occasion of Foundation Day of Ministry of Earth Sciences.
The portal was launched with an aim to alert the coastal communities.
Highlights of the 'Sagar Vani'
• This Integrated Information Dissemination System (IDS) was developed by ESSO-Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS).
• It is aimed at disseminating the advisories effectively and timely, directly from the lab to the end user.
• It is a software platform where various dissemination modes will be integrated on a single central server.
• It includes multi lingual SMS, voice call or audio advisory, mobile app, social media (Facebook, Twitter,), Email, GTS, Fax, digital display boards, radio and television broadcast units, IVRS, Cloud Channels, etc.
• It also has facility to provide access to various stakeholders like NGOs, state fishery departments, disaster management authorities, so that they too can disseminate the ocean information and alerts to the user community.
• With this system, the services will be disseminated in local languages using advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities.
• It will now serve the coastal community, especially the fishermen community with the advisories and alerts towards their livelihood as well as their safety at Sea.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports