Union Government launches Transforming India Website
It provides information in a user-friendly format enabling citizens to view the content in the form of Infographics, e-books, performance dashboard, videos, daily news corner, etc.
The Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology and Law & Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad on 15 July 2016 launched Transforming India website www.transformingindia.mygov.in.
Transforming India website is a repository for sharing the impact of various governance initiatives with citizens in real-time.
Highlights of the website
• It provides information in a user-friendly format enabling citizens to view the content in the form of Infographics, e-books, performance dashboard, videos, daily news corner, etc.
• It facilitates two-way communication between the government and citizens.
• It is also a social platform on which users can share their opinions about various initiatives of the government.
• It acts as a repository of major policies and decisions and provides a central platform to citizens for sharing of transformational changes that they see around themselves.
Key features of the Website
• Performance Dashboard – A holistic view, with real-time updates, on the progress in key parameters in some of the flagships government schemes and initiatives.
• Infographics – Easy accessibility to various government schemes and their progress through pictorial, graphical & animated representations.
• Voice of India – Testimonials from citizens, recorded in their own voice and in their milieu, on the transformative impact in their lives through various schemes and programmes of the government.
• Live Events – Facilitate live interaction between citizens, senior government officials, domain experts and civil society.
• Videos – Short videos about upcoming policy initiatives introduced by the Government of India, as well as video clips of speeches by prominent dignitaries discussing issues of national importance.
• Weekly Summary – A weekly digest of the best #TransformingIndia posts by citizens and senior government functionaries across social media platforms, including on MyGov.
• Citizen Speak – Section devoted especially for citizen voices. Citizens can share stories about transformative growth in India that they see around themselves.
• Social Media Corner – Daily news on policy and governance summarized through best Social Media posts.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App