Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on 10 July 2017 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with West Bengal Government to set up a state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence in Transfusion Medicine in Kolkata.
The move is aimed at strengthening the blood transfusion services in the state and the surrounding region.
Highlights of the MoU
• The Union Government approved this vital initiative with an outlay of approximately Rs 200 Crores towards equipment, manpower and running costs.
• The land for this initiative will be provided free of cost by the West Bengal government.
• The National Blood Transfusion Council under National AIDS Control Organization will be the implementing division of the Ministry for this project.
• The project to set up Centre of Excellence in Transfusion Medicine is a part of the Metro Blood Bank Project of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
• This Metro Blood Bank Project aims to set up state-of-the-art Centres of Excellence in transfusion medicine in the four metro cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.
• These centres are high volume blood collection centres where there is state-of-the-art technology in transfusion medicine for component separation, processing of blood and quality systems.
• The MoU for setting up the Metro Blood Bank in Chennai has already been signed on 14 June 2016.
When: 10 July 2017
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports