Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Smriti Irani on 10 September 2015 launched the National Web Portal for promotion of National Apprenticeship Scheme for Graduates, Diploma holders and 10+2 pass-outs vocational certificate holders.
The Union Ministry also released a Logo and a Slogan Sashakt Yuva, Samarth Bharat for the National Web Portal.
The Union Ministry implements the apprenticeship training scheme for one year through Board of Apprenticeship Training (BOATs)/Board of Practical Training (BOPT) located at Mumbai, Chennai, Kanpur and Kolkata.
Highlights of the National Web Portal
• This portal will enable door step delivery of service, streamlines processes and saves time for students.
• It will also offer security for women at workplace and ensure grievance redressal for the apprentice.
• It will enable viable contract for students and industry partnership.
• The web portals of regional BOATs/BOPT have been integrated and data of all the regional BOATs/BOPT has been transferred to the National Web Portal.
• It will now ensure seamless connectivity with all stake holders including students, establishments and technical institutions across the country for transparent administration through e-Governance.
• It will also be a multilingual platform which currently engages with the user in Marathi, Bengali, Tamil and Hindi.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.