The Commerce and Industry Ministry on 21 April 2016 launched a service named Twitter Seva to address issues and grievances of startups, exporters and importers, and other stakeholders.
For this, an institutionalised mechanism with a special Twitter cell has been created in the ministry manned by a set of dedicated officers of the ministry.
Key highlights of Twitter Seva
• Queries on matters relating to Department of Commerce and Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) will be answered through this service.
• The ministry will try to respond to the queries within 48 to 72 working hours.
• In particular, queries regarding the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Directorate General of supplies and Disposals, SEZs, tea, coffee, rubber, spices, Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) will be addressed by the ministry.
• Issues related to manufacturing policy, industrial corridors, investment promotion, Make in India, Start up India, FDI, intellectual property rights will be addressed by the DIPP.
• Under this, anyone who is desirous of assistance from the ministry can use the hashtag, #mociseva on Twitter.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Launched Twitter Seva
When: 21 April 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.