The Union Railways Minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu on 2 March 2015 launched a Customer Complaint Web Portal and Mobile Application.
This Customer Complaint-cum-Suggestion portal and mobile App can be freely downloaded and will be useful to track the status of the complaints registered on this portal with the help of mobile App.
The passengers who want to complain or make any suggestions may download the mobile App from the URL www.coms.indianrailways.gov.in. The passengers can also file their complaints and suggestions on the same web page.
The Complaint Management System (COMS) portal consists of:
• A mobile app based complaints and suggestions application.
• A web based complaints and suggestions application on URL www.coms.indianrailways.gov.in.
• A SMS based complaints and suggestions application on the number +91-9717630982.
• A link to Centralised Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) will also be provided.
Features of Indian Railways Mobile App
• The Mobile application has been implemented using Android 2.3.3 platform and will be made available for Windows Phone 8.1.
• Validations for station name, train number and PNR number are built into the application for user convenience.
• The Mobile App is linked to the Complaint Management portal of Indian Railways.
Web based Complaint Management Application:
• Passengers can also register complaints through the Web. The complainants will be assigned unique ID number with which they can track the progress of complaints.
• The complaint will be auto assigned to the concerned railway functionary for redressal.
• Detailed MIS reports with various zone wise, division wise, type wise, filters will enable effective monitoring at the administrative end.
• This Customer Complaint Portal will also be available in Hindi and other regional languages.
SMS based Complaint Management Application: Complaint or suggestion can be sent as free flow text as SMS to the number 9717630982. Complaints will be also be assigned a unique complaint ID number which can be used for tracking.
When: 2 March 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.