Urdu poet and lyricist Naqsh Lyallpuri passes away
Some of his famous songs include- Main to har modh par, Na Jane kya hua, jo tune chhu liya, Do deewane shaher mein and Ulfat me zamane ki har rasm ko thukroa.
Renowned Urdu poet Jaswant Rai Sharma, known to the world by his pen name Naqsh Lyallpuri, passed away on 22 January 2017 following a prolonged illness. He was 89.
About Naqsh Lyallpuri
• Born in Llallpur in Pakistan as Jaswant Rai, Lyallpuri came to Mumbai in the late 1940s to make a career in Hindi cinema.
• He got his first break in 1952 in the film Jaggu with the song Agar Teri Aakhon Se Aakhein Mila Doon, while he got the real success in the 1970s.
• Over the years, he collaborated with some top film directors, music directors and singers and penned various soft melodies, romantic numbers and emotional songs.
• He wrote the lyrics in films like Chetna, Aahista Aahista, Tumhare Liye and Gharonda among others.
• Some of his famous songs include- Main to har modh par, Na Jane kya hua, jo tune chhu liya, Do deewane shaher mein and Ulfat me zamane ki har rasm ko thukroa.
• Lyallpuri retired from Bollywood in the late 1990s and began penning songs for television.
• However, he made a brief comeback in 2005-06 penning songs for the films Taj Mahal with Naushad and Yatra with Khayyam.