Uttar Pradesh government on 13 October 2015 launched the mobile app mSehat for health workers to record maternal and infant data in real-time.
The application was developed by Kellton Tech, a company that was selected as the technology partner for the initiative by State Innovations in Family Planning Services Agency (SIFPSA).
The application is aimed at improving the infant mortality rate outcomes.
Key Features of mSehat
• mSehat is a cloud-hosted solution to facilitate remote access and enrolment from across the region through 2G-enabled mobile devices.
• The recorded data will be stored in the cloud, which will act as the central repository.
• The initial implementation will be done in five districts, namely Mirzapur, Faizabad, Sitapur, Bareilly and Kannauj, and later it will be extended to the entire state.
• In the first phase, 10252 ASHA (Accredited Social Health Activists) workers will be equipped with smart phones.
• Tablets will be given to 1719 Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANMs) and 300 people comprising medical officers, medical officers in-charge & SIFPSA staff.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 13 October 2015