The Vice-president of India, Hamid Ansari on 30 October 2013 had a meeting with the revolutionary hero and the former President of Cuba, Fidel Castro. This was the first ever bilateral visit from Indian side to Cuba. During the meeting, India and Cuba signed an agreement on co-operation in broadcasting. It is important to note that India and Cuba are the founding members of Non Aligned Movement (NAM).
Agreement signed between India and Cuba
• The Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation on broadcasting between Prasar Bharti and Cuban Radio and Television Institute was signed on 30 October 2013.
• The MoU was signed by India's ambassador to Cuba Chinthapalli Rajasekhar and vice-president of the institute Emillio Moises Garcia Borroto.
Major Highlights of the visit
• During the tour, Hamid Ansari did the tour of Peru and signed four agreements.
• In the meanwhile, he also inaugurated the Festival of India which started off with Nrityaroopa, a fusion of six classical dances.
• Delegation-level talks and discussions were held with the Cuban leaders.
• Hamid Ansari also visited the Biotechnology Centre in Cuba.
• He also visited the Revolution Plaza.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.