Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 15 July to 21 July 2019
The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like ICJ ruling on Kulbhushan Jadhav, Kartarpur corridor and Merger of Insurance Companies among others.
15 July to 21 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like ICJ ruling on Kulbhushan Jadhav, Kartarpur corridor and Merger of Insurance Companies among others.
1. The ICJ ruled in favour of India on July 17, directing Pakistan to review and reconsider Kulbhushan Jadhav’s execution with how many votes?
2. In the second round of talks on Kartarpur corridor, Pakistan has agreed to allow visa-free travel for how many pilgrims per day?
3. NASA is commemorating the 50th launch anniversary of which history mission in July?
a) Apollo 1
b) Apollo 13
c) Apollo 11
d) Apollo 5
4. Which of the following has recently been appointed as the Governor of Chhattisgarh?
a) Anusuiya Uikey
b) Awakriya Mishra
c) Anupama Singh
d) Swati pandey
5. Which of the following has recently been appointed as Governor of Andhra Pradesh?
a) Acharya Sanghamitra
b) Biswa Bhushan
c) Devendranath Singh
d) Ashwini Chaubey
6. Who has recently been appointed World Bank Managing Director (MD) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO)?
a) Anshula Kant
b) Rahul Sachdev
c) Amrita Dev
d) Bipin Singh
7. What is the new launch date of Chandrayaan-2?
a) 20 July
b) 21 July
c) 22 July
d) 23 July
8. When will the Ministry of Commerce & Industry launch the Global Innovation Index 2019 (GII)?
a) 20th July
b) 22nd July
c) 24th July
d) 26th July
9. Which of following General Insurance Company will be merged with National Insurance Company Limited and United India Assurance Company Limited to create a single insurance entity?
a) Oriental India Insurance Company
b) Bharti Axa General Insurance
c) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
d) SBI General Insurance
10. Who was appointed as the Private Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
a) Vivek Kumar
b) Sanjeev Kumar Singla
c) Ashok Singh
d) Gautam Tripathi
1. (a) 15
The International Court of Justice (ICJ) has directed Pakistan to review and reconsider Kulbhushan Jadhav’s death sentence order and give him a fair trial by providing him consular access. The ICJ ruled in favour of India by 15 to 1 votes.
2. (d) 5000
Pakistan has agreed to allow visa-free travel of 5,000 Sikh pilgrims per day through the Kartarpur corridor to visit Gurudwara Kartarpur Sahib. The decision was taken after the second round of talks between officials of India and Pakistan at Wagah border on July 14, 2019.
3. (c) Apollo 11
NASA and ISS are commemorating the 50th launch anniversary of Apollo 11, the first manned lunar mission that landed Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the Moon on July 20, 1969.
4. (a) Anusuiya Uikey
President Ramnath Kovind recently appointed Anusuiya Uikey as the governor of Chhattisgarh. She will take charge of Chhattisgarh from Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel, who was having the additional charge of Chhattisgarh besides Madhya Pradesh.
5. (b) Biswa Bhushan
Vishwa Bhushan Harichandan is a senior leader of Bharatiya Janata Party. He was the general secretary of the Jan Sangh's Andhra Pradesh till the formation of Janata Party in 1977. Apart from this he was also the National Executive Member of Jana Sangh. Harichandan was also the President of the state BJP from 1980 to 1988.
6. (a) Anshula Kant
Anshula Kant, managing director of the State Bank Of India, has been appointed as managing director and chief financial officer of the World Bank. Kant is a graduate in Economic Honours from Lady Shri Ram College for Women and a Post-Graduate in Economics from Delhi School of Economics.
7. (c) 22 July
ISRO has declared in a recent tweet that launch of Chandrayaan-2 has been rescheduled for July 22, 2019. Chandrayaan-2 launch was called off due to technical snag but now Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has declared a new date for its launch.
8. (c) 24th July
The Union Minister of Commerce & Industry, Piyush Goyal will launch the Global Innovation Index (GII) on July 24, 2019 in the presence of Francis Gurry, Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organisation.
9. (a) Oriental India Insurance Company
National Insurance Company Limited, United India Assurance Company Limited and Oriental India Insurance Company Limited soon to be merged into a single insurance entity. The move was announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in her maiden Budget 2019 speech.
10. (a) Vivek Kumar
Vivek Kumar was appointed as the Private Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Vivek is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of 2004 batch. He is currently serving as the Director of the Prime Minister’s Office (PM0).