Wipro Limited and Tata Power Company on 20 March 2014 emerged as the only Indian entities in the 2014 list of World's Most Ethical Companies. The list was prepared by the US-based entity, Ethisphere Institute.
Ethisphere Institute has prepared a list of 144 companies has featured at least three global firms are headed by an India-origin individuals. They are namely
• Satya Nadella-led software giant Microsoft Corporation
• Indra Nooyi-led beverages company PepsiCo
• Shantanu Narayen-led software major Adobe Systems
The list of 144 companies has 21 first-time entrants. The 144 companies are of different sectors like Aerospace and Defence, Agriculture, Automative, Banking, Computer Services, Chemicals, Electronics and others. None of the companies have been ranked in any sector.
Ethics Quotient framework on which the companies are weighed in different categories are
• Ethics and Compliance Program (25 percent)
• Reputation, Leadership and Innovation (20 percent)
• Corporate citizenship and responsibility (25 percent)
• Governance (10 percent)
• Culture of ethics (20 percent)
Earlier, in the 2012 and 2013 list of most ethical companies’ list also had Wipro and Tata Steel.
About Ethisphere Institute
Ethisphere Institute an independent think-tank research-based firm in Scottsdale of US. It began in 2007 as an online industry e-newsletter, which was published by corporate compliance and ethics training and consulting firm Corpedia.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.