Yesteryear Tamil actress Jyothilakshmi passed away on 9 August 2016 in Chennai following a brief illness. She was 63.
She earned fame by doing dance numbers and negative roles in Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malyalam and Hindi movies.
• She made her film debut in TR Ramanna's Tamil film Periya Idathu Penn that had actors Saroja Devi and MG Ramachandran in the lead.
• She was a trained dancer and her skills on the dance floor were used to the best of her advantage by filmmakers.
• Some of her Telugu movies include Gandharva Kanya (1979), Sitaramulu' (1980) and the hugely-successful film Prem Nagar starring Akkineni Nageswara Rao.
• She was also seen alongside Rajinikanth in a song from his movie Muthu and was also part of a dance number in Vikram's Sethu.
• She was also part of Hindi films like Pistolwali (1972), Rani Aur Jaani (1973) and Jawab (1970).
• She has over 300 movies to her credit in all the four South Indian languages.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App