Yogi Adityanath sworn-in as Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the President of the BJP Amit Shah and Chief Ministers of several BJP ruling-States attended the swearing-in ceremony.
Yogi Adityanath was on 19 March 2017 sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh by the Governor of the State Ram Naik.
Besides Yogi Adityanath, Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma took the oath as the Deputy Chief Ministers of the State.
At present, Yogi Adityanath is an MP of the Lok Sabha. So far, he was elected as an MP from the Gorakhpur Lok Sabha constituency in the 1998, 1999, 2004, 2009 and 2014 elections.
Who is Yogi Aditynath?
• He was born on 15 June 1972 in Panchur, Uttarakhand.
• He completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Science from H.N.B. Garhwal University, Srinagar (Garhwal), Uttarakhand.
• So far he was elected to the Lok Sabha for 5 times. He got elected for the first time in 1998 and his recent electoral victory was in the 2014 general elections.
• As a Member of the Parliament, he was part of various committees that include Committee on Food, Civil Supplies and Public Distribution, Committee on External Affairs and Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture.
• Adityanath became the Mahant of the Gorakhnath Mutt following the death of Mahant Avaidyanath in September 2014.
• Besides his political activities, he is known in Uttar Pradesh for his active involvement in social and cultural activities that include providing hostel for socially and economically weaker and backward children and working for mass-awakening against religious and social conventions.