General Knowledge (GK) Facts: 4th to 10th January, 2016
This article is presenting some interesting and important information through facts. This information is not only useful for competitive aspirants but also for school children. This article is very useful for those peoples also who just want to enhance their knowledge for their self improvement.
Some interesting facts are given below:
• The Ostrich is the largest bird in the world. It also lays the largest eggs and has the fastest maximum running speed (97 kph). It means it can run faster than the horse.
• Somalia is the only African country in which the entire population speaks the same language, Somali.
• The only known poisonous bird in the world is the “Hooded Pitohui” of Papua, New Guinea. The poison is found in its skin and feathers.
• South Africa has 11 official languages – the most for a single country.
• A blind woman Nafiz Tareen from Bokaro (Jharkhand) writes Hindi translation of thousand pages of Holy Quran in Braille Script.
• In 1894, a priest rescued a drowning four year old boy in an icy river that boy was Adolf Hitler.
• All Aeroplane Windows have Round Edges to reduce the stress that would eventually crack the corner window and hence, breaking is reduced.
• India is the world’s second-largest English speaking country after USA with around 125 million people speaking the language, which is only 10% of our population.
• The giant tortoise lives the longest, about 177 years in captivity and 152 in the wild.
• Women speak about 20,000 words a Day. That’s 13,000 more than the average man.
Image courtesy: serengeti-tracker.org,sr.photos2.fotosearch.com,1.bp.blogspot.com, www.oprah.com