GK question and answer on Indian Economy: National income in India
This set of 10 questions based on the census 2011 contains questions on the Population density of India. For the convenience of the aspirants we have given answers and explanation of the questions. Hope this quiz will help a lot to aspirants preparing for IAS / PCS / SSC / CDS and other competitive exams.
1. Which Ministry is responsible for calculating GDP in India?
(A) Ministry of Finance
(B) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
(C) Ministry of Central Statistical and Program Implementation
(D) Ministry of consumer Affairs
Explanation: The work of computing the GDP is done by the Central Statistical Organization (CSO) which is under the Ministry of Statistical and Program Implementation.
2. What base year is used to calculate per capita income in India?
Explanation: Per capita income of the India is counted on the base year 2011-12.
3. Which state of India currently has the highest Per Capita Income?
Explanation: The figures for the FY 2016-17 issued in May 2017 shows that an average person in Delhi earns more than Rs 3 lakh, which is three times the national average. Delhi succeeded Goa in this regard.
4. At present, how much is India's Per Capita Income (based on market prices)?
Explanation: Per Capita Income based on market values in India is Rs. 103007 which is based on data for January 2016-17.
5. How much does the primary sector contribute to India's GDP?
Explanation: The contribution of primary sector in India's GDP is 19.83%.
6. Which sector contributes the most to India's economy?
(A) Service sector
(B) Manufacturing sector
(C) Agricultural sector
(D) Small scale industries
Explanation: The service sector contributes 60% of India's economy.
7. If the contribution of the agricultural sector is decreasing in a country's economy, then what conclusion can be drawn?
(A) The country is growing in the direction of being a developed nation
(B) The country is moving towards becoming developing nation
(C) The country is moving towards becoming less developed nation
(D) The economic growth rate of the country has stopped
Explanation: The country is growing in the direction of being a developed nation. Contribution of Agriculture in the GDP of developed nations decreases and the contribution of service and manufacturing sector is very high.
8. What percentage of Indians pays income tax?
Explanation: Only 3% Indians pay income tax.
9. Which is not added in the calculation of national income of India?
(A) The value of goods and services
(B) The sold value of the old fridge
(C) Services rendered by the housewives
(D) Both b & c
Explanation: In the calculation of national income, the value of goods and services produced in a year is added, while the value of old sold goods and the services of the Housewife are not added.
10. Which Indian state gives highest income tax collection to the Government of India?
(A) Uttar Pradesh