GK Quiz on Minimum Support Price (MSP)
Take the following quiz based on Minimum Support Price. The Government of India has recently hiked the MSP for various Rabi crops. The questions below would help you judge your knowledge on this topic.
- In which year was the concept of MSP introduced in India?
Explanation: The concept of Minimum Support Price was first introduced for wheat in 1966-67.
- How much is the MSP for wheat in 2021?
- Rs 2000 per quintal
- Rs 2015 per quintal
- Rs 1000 per quintal
- Rs 4000 per quintal
EXplanation: The Government of India has recently hiked the minimum support price for wheat by Rs 40 making it INR 2015 per quintal now.
- For how many crops does the Government fix the MSP for in India currently?
Explanation: Currently, the government fixes MSPs for 23 crops grown in both kharif and rabi seasons.
- The minimum support price is
- The price at which farmers sell their crops to the food business companies
- The price at which the people of the place can buy crops from farmers
- The price at which the Government buys grains from the farmers
- The price at which the crops can be exported
Explanation: MSP is the rate at which the government buys the grain from farmers.
- Which month does the Rabi season begin?
Explanation: The Rabi crops are sown in the month of October, basically the mid of the month.
- What is the recent MSP of the mustard crop fixed by the Government of India?
- ₹ 2000 per quintal
- ₹ 5050 per quintal
- ₹ 5000 per quintal
- ₹ 2980 per quintal
Explanation: The Government has hiked the mustard price by INR 400 to make it ₹5,050 per quintal
- Who fixes the Minimum Support Price for the crops?
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs
- Parliament of India
- Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices
- NITI Ayog
Explanation: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs based on the recommendations of CACP fixes the MSP.
- Which of the following is not a Kharif Crop?
Explanation: Mustard is a Rabi crop and not a Kharif crop.
- Which among the following is a Rabi crop?
- All of the above
Explanation: Rabi crops include crops like barley, wheat, gram, safflower, lentils including masoor etc.
- In which of the following months is the Kharif crop harvested?
Explanation: Kharif crops are sown in the first rains that is in the month of July and are harvested around October.