Presidential Elections in India 2012 : Results
The 14th indirect presidential election, in order to elect the 13th president, was held in India on 19 July 2012.
- The election's Returning Officer V. K. Agnihotri announced: "I declare that Shri Pranab Mukherjee has been duly elected to the office of President of India."
- Mukheree gained 373,116 MP votes and 340,647 MLA votes for a total of 713,763 votes to win the election.
- He defeated Sangma, who got 145,848 MP votes and 170,139 MLA votes for a total of 315,987 votes.
- Mukherjee's win was aided by cross-voting. He will take the oath of office on 25 July at 11:00 in the Central Hall of the parliament building.
- Amongst the dignatries in attendance will be Mamata Banerjee.