CBSE invites the online applications for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students (CSSS). Students can register for this scholarship scheme by visiting the national scholarship portal: http://scholarship.gov.in.
The last date for submission of online application form for renewal and for fresh scholarship 2018 is 31.10.2018.
Board released a circular stating that, “Online application for “Central Sector Scheme for Scholarship for College and university students” for the year 2018, 1st Renewal for the year 2017, 2nd renewal for the year 2016 and 3rd Renewal for the year 2015 is available on National Scholarship Portal (http://scholarship.gov.in). Students may visit the National Scholarship Portal to apply for fresh & renewal of scholarship.”
Given below is the screenshot of the complete circular released by the CBSE board regarding the CSSS:
Important dates for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship are tabulated below:
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Fresh/Renewal Application begins
23 July 2018
Last date for the submission of the fresh applications
31 October 2018
Last date for the submission of the renewal of 2015, 2016, 2017 scholarship applications
31 October 2018
About Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students (CSSS):
The “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students” is implemented by the Department of Higher Education since 2008. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students, to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Key Points Regarding CSSS
- The Scholarship is given on the basis of marks scored by students in Class 12 and no separate scholarship exam is conducted by the government for allocating the scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: A total of 82000 fresh scholarships are granted to class 12 meritorious students (41000 for girls and 41000 for boys).
- Scholarships are awarded for graduate / postgraduate studies and for professional courses, such as medical, engineering etc.
- Aadhaar card is compulsory for CSSS registration and renewal process.
Eligibility Criteria for CSSS Registration
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship (CSSS) is basically a type of merit-cum-means scholarship for which the eligibility terms and conditions are follows:
- The students scoring 80% marks in 12th class in the relevant stream in board exams are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Only the students pursuing regular courses from recognised educational institutions are eligible for this scholarship.
- Those students whose family income is less than Rs. 6 Lakhs per annum are eligible for this scholarship
- The students should not be availing of any other scholarship scheme.
Before registering on the National Scholarship Portal, students are advised to keep the following documents/essentials ready with them:
- Aadhaar card number
- Bank passbook for filling bank details
- Parental annual income certificate
- Caste certificate wherever required
- Disability certificate wherever required
- An e-mail ID
The scholarship amount variations are as follows:
- The rate of scholarship would be Rs.1000/- p.m. at graduation level for first three years of college and university courses and Rs.20001- per month at post graduation level.
- Students pursuing professional courses would get Rs.2OOO/- per month in the 4th and 5th year of the course.
- The scholarship would be paid for 10 months in an academic year.
Duration of Scholarships and its Renewal
- For all the courses the scholarship would be renewed up to a maximum of five years.
- Scholarship under the CSSS is renewable from year to year upto Post Graduate level in the same stream.
- For all professional courses, scholarship will be renewed till the graduation level of that course.
- A scholar would be allowed to continue/renew his scholarship if he changes the course of study to a stream not offered by his school in class 12, e.g., Law, Fashion Technology, etc.
To get the latest updates about all leading scholarship pregrammes in India, click here.