CBSE conducted the examination for Class 10 English Communicative and English Language & Literature papers on March 23, 2019. This was an important exam for students under the ongoing CBSE Board Examination 2019. We are providing here the analysis and review of the Class 10 English exam .
A team from Jagran Josh tried to collect the students’ comments on Class 10 English paper in a live video. Most of the students said that all the questions in paper were easy and straightforward. To know students' reaction post eaxm, watch video here.
Students having English Communicative or English Language & Literature as one of their major subjects appeared for the CBSE board exam of their respective subject. In the both the exams, the duration of the paper was 3 hours and the total marks were 80.
Format followed in the CBSE Class 10 English Communicative Paper 2019:
CBSE Class 10 English (Communicative) paper consisted of total 11 questions divided into three sections namely A, B & C
- Section A – Reading (20 Marks)
- Section B – Writing and Grammar (30 Marks)
- Section C – Literature (30 Marks)
In section A, there were two passages and questions based on these passages were asked.
In section B, questions were based on story writing, letter writing and rearrangement of jumble words (or phrases) to form meaningful sentences.
In section C, questions based on stories and poems given in textbooks were asked.
There was no overall choice in the question paper. However, internal choices were provided in a few questions.
Students' review and comments for CBSE Class 10 English Paper 2019:
- Most of the students said that all the questions in the paper were easy and straightforward.
- The most time-consuming section was the writing section (Section B).
- Students claimed one 8 marks question in Section B to be out of syllabus.
- Some questions in the grammar and the literature section were similar to that of last year’s.
- Format of question paper was exactly similar to that of the latest CBSE Sample Paper.
- Students are expecting averagely 70 marks out of 80.
For more updates kindly watch the complete video.
No English Communication Paper from New Session for CBSE Class 10
CBSE had discontinued the English Communicative subject for class 9 students from the beginning of the academic session, 2018-19. However, the students already pursuing this subject in class 10 were allowed to take the examination for same in CBSE Exam 2019.
Check important articles for the CBSE Board Exams 2019: