The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has launched an on-line facility titled ‘Saransh’ to the schools affiliated to it. This was declared by Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister, Smriti Irani in Lok Sabha.
Focussing on appropriate educational nurturing of students, Smriti Irani gave the key features of ‘Saransh’:
- It is available classes IX & X, Problem Solving Abilities (PSA) in classes IX and XI, and on achievements in Board examination in Class XII. It shows a complete comprehensive picture of Class X since 2007 and of Class XII since 2009 to the latest academic session.
- It helps the schools to look at their performance in scholastic and co-scholastic areas at an aggregate level, and at the level of each student in the school.
- All the performance metrics are presented through numbers as well as in charts/ graphs for easy understanding. Saransh helps schools compare their performance vis-à-vis other schools under various categories i.e., All India, Regional, State and within their school category (Government, Private, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (JNVS), Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), and Central Tibetan Schools (CTS).
There are plans to extend the same to the parents so that they can also monitor their wards performance over the years.
The facility will bring school teachers and parents closer so that they can monitor the progress of the student.
- CBSE launched on-line facility ‘Saransh’ in schools affiliated to it.
- It was communicated by HRD Minister, Smriti Irani in Lok Sabha.
The facility aims to seek school teachers and parents closer so that they can monitor the progress of the student via this scheme.