Nagpur division of Central Railway invited applications for recruitment against Sports Quota for the year 2014-15. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 8 September 2014.
The Central Railway is one of the largest of the 17 zones of Indian Railways. It covers a large part of the state of Maharashtra and small part of Southern Madhya Pradesh and North-Eastern Karnataka. Its headquarters is in Mumbai at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus).
- Last Date for Receipt of Application: 8 September 2014
- Last Date for Receipt of Application for Andaman and Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands: 16 September 2014
Name of the Post: Group-D in Pay Band - 1 of Rs 5200 - 20200 with Grade Pay Rs 1800
Name of the Discipline:
- Badminton (Men): 1 Post
- Hockey (Men): 1 Post
- Athletic (Men): 2 Posts
- Swimming (Men): 1 Post
Total No. of Posts: 5 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs. 5200-20200 + GP of Rs. 1800
Candidate should be 10th pass or ITI or equivalent from a recognized Board/Body.
- Candidate’s age should be between 18-25 years as on 1 January 2015.
- No Age Relaxation in lower or upper age limits for any category of candidate.
- Unreserved and OBC candidate need to pay application fee of Rs. 40/- in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order/Demand Draft drawn in favour of Sr. Divisional Finance Manager (Sr.DFM) Nagpur, payable at Nagpur.
- SC/ST candidates are exempted from the examination fee.
Candidate’s selection shall be made on the basis of trials with DOPE TEST, assessment of sports achievement and general intelligence/personality etc.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates can apply through prescribed application format as given in the notification.
- Fill that form completely and affix passport size photograph duly signed by the candidates and attested by gazetted officer, attested copies of certificates in proof of educational qualification, proof of date of birth, proof of sports achievements, latest community certificate, DD and with super scribed on the top as “Application against sports quota 2014-15 (open advertisement scheme)-Game________”.
- Application form should reach to the Senior Divisional Personnel Officer, Nagpur division, Central Railway, Divisional Railway Manager’s office, Kingsway, Nagpur, Pincode-440001 before 8 September 2014.