Goa Common Entrance Test (Goa CET):
The Government of Goa in 1986 created Directorate of Technical Education to facilitate centralized admission to technical and professional institutes to the students of the State of Goa and to start new Technical Education institutions and courses in the state. The Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa conducts the Goa Common Entrance Test (Goa CET) for admissions to Professional Degree courses in Medical, Engineering and Pharmacy in the State of Goa.
- Candidates must be Indian nationals.
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Education or its equivalent examination with an aggregate of 45% (40% for SC/ST)
- Applicants must have studied English, Physics and Mathematics as the main subjects along with Chemistry / Bio-technology / Computer Science / Biology as one of the optional subjects
- GCET Exam 2014 will be based upon the syllabus prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, for Class 12th covering Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- Each paper will consist of 75 (Seventy Five) questions, of one mark each, to be answered in two hours.
- Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking for wrong or multiple answers.
- B.E. - Bachelor of Enineering
- M.B.B.S. - Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- B.D.S. - Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- B.H.M.S. - Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery
- B.Pharm. - Bachelor of Pharmacy
How to apply:
- Candidate can download application form and prospectus from the official website of GCET.
- Outstation candidates can obtain the prospectus and application form by sending request to Director, Directorate of Technical Education, Alto-Porvorim, Goa-40351 along with a demand draft of required fee, payable in favour of "Director of Technical Education" at Panaji.