Health is "a state characterized by anatomic, physiologic, and psychological integrity; ability to perform personally valued family, work, and community roles; ability to deal with physical, biologic, psychological, and social stress". Here, we are giving Health General Knowledge Quiz that consists of Multiple Choice Questions on deficiency syndrome. Test your general knowledge and general awareness on mineral deficiency that leads to various types of diseases.
1. What is the name of the disease in man arising out of Vitamin B1 deficiency?
2. The deficiency of which of the following group of nutrients affects the skin ?
A. Iron, Iodine, Zinc, Potassium
B. Riboflacin, Niacin, Pyridoxine, Pantothenic Acid
C. Vitamin K, Calcium, Fluorine, Copper
D. All the three
3. What does niacin deficiency cause ?
4. What are the effects of Vitamin B6 deficiency?
D. Certain types of Eczema
5. Which of the following diseases is associated with Vitamin C deficiency?
6. What does Vitamin K deficiency lead to ?
A. Problem in digestion
B. Problem in Blood Coagulation
C. Problem in Calcium Metabolism
D. All the three
7. Using purgatives on a regular basis is harmful to health. Which deficiency does it cause?
8. Deficiency of Vitamin D gives rise to :
9. What is the condition known as, in which the body does not get its fair share of nutrients, either from starvation, or as a result of poor absorption :
D. Malnutrition & Marasmus
10. Night blindness drying of the conjunctiva, dry and scaly skin and loss of hair are some of the symptoms of :
A. Vitamin K deficiency
B. Vitamin A deficiency
C. Iron deficiency
D. Folic acid deficeiency