SSC trigonometry tips
SSC Examinations are very popular in India because of the large number of vacancies and the prestige associated with the jobs to be offered through the recruitment exercise. Quantitative Aptitude plays a very vital role in the recruitment exercise and in order to succeed in this exam, you need to be well versed with this section.
Trigonometry questions are very common in this section apart from arithmetic, algebra, geometry and Mensuration. You are going to find at least 5-7 questions in any examination conducted by SSC and having mathematics on this section of quantitative aptitude. In this article, we are going to see how to tackle the trigonometry part of the mathematics section in SSC examinations.
Take Online Quiz
SSC Examination: Syllabus of Trigonometry
In almost all SSC examinations, you are going to find questions on trigonometry from the following chapters and you have to be very well conversant in it to crack these examinations with good enough marks to secure a job in the highly competitive market of government jobs
- Triangles and their properties: This is the basic thing of trigonometry since you are going to find questions on the relation between Sin, Cos and Tan on the basis of triangles and the relation between the various sides of the triangle. In this chapter, you need to understand the basic concepts and relationships between Sin, Cos, Tan, Cosec, Sec and Cot
- The values that matter: The next important thing that matters in SSC is the value of Sin, Cos, Tan etc on the basis of various angles attributed to it. You are going to find questions based on the values of these quantities and unless you know the same, you will have no choice but to leave the question at the examination hall
- Relation between Sin, Cos, Tan etc: You are certainly going to find questions based on the internal relationship between all these and you need to be very prompt in understanding this since the direct questions will ask from you the relationships between these. You need to be very good in this section to score high marks
- Height and Distance Problems: This is like the most favorite problem of SSC as you are certainly going to find at least one question from this chapter in any SSC examination. This is important since you need to understand the situation and draw the same in order to solve the question quickly. Otherwise, you will find it difficult to answer these questions
Why analysis of Previous Year Paper is Important to crack SSC Exam?
How to crack SSC Reasoning in just 30 days
SSC Examination: How to master Trigonometry
Once we are done with the syllabus, the next important thing is to know the way you should approach the subject in order to score as much as possible in these examinations. Let us see the ideal approach to be adopted by an average student:
- Go through the basics: This is the first and foremost thing to be done by you in order to have a fighting chance to score as much as possible in the examination in this section. First, pick up any good book on the subject and grasp all the basic things about the topic. You need to understand the topics first in order to be able to remember it properly
- Make a mind map or any other way: Trigonometry demands from you a lot of things such as you have to remember a number of formulae, relations, values etc if you want to score much in this section. In order to do this successfully, you need to devise your own strategy to remember things
- Height and distance should be very important: This is because you are certainly going to find one question based on this and you need to have very good concept on this subject in order to attempt problems based on this subject. So, prepare this chapter properly and attempt the sure shot question
- Practice is the last word: This is true for almost each and everything under the sun and trigonometry is no different. You need to practice hard in order to understand the basics and values etc and the next thing is to remember them properly at the time of the examination. So, practice as much as possible once you are done and then you will see wonders happening
Why Trigonometry is in SSC CGL but not in IBPS?
Trigonometry section is very easy for those who have made efforts to master the same in the preparation days but at the same time, if you are not very good at it, you will have to leave the questions based on trigonometry in your examination. This is going to affect your marks since you have to score as much as possible and leaving questions for lack of preparation is certainly not going to help your cause. So, prepare your heart out and give your best in the examination
How to solve Quantitative Aptitude section in SSC Examinations quickly?
All the best!!