IAS Main (Written) Exam General Studies Paper II is concerned with the topics related to the Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations. Syllabus for IAS Main (Written) Exam General Studies Paper II is exhaustive and extensive. Candidates must stick to the syllabus notified by the UPSC for General Studies Paper II. Questions asked in IAS Main 2013 were direct but analytical. So students must have analytical grasp over the subject.
IAS Main (Written) General Studies II Model Question Paper
Total Marks 250 Time Alloted 3 Hours
- Development of Federal system in india lies in Government of India Act 1935. Critically examine this statement
- Position of Governor has become a home for politically retired persons. Discuss with recent developments in Indian politics.
- Critically discuss the political principle of Separation of Power, and illustrate your answer by citing the Indian experience.
- What are the major developments in laws relating to gender rights in India?
- How Supreme court is protecting the basic structure of constitution by keeping watch on legislative. Can it be interpreted as judiciary overreach?
- Use of article 356 has considerabely declined, critically examine the reasons.
- Compare and contrast the role of Speaker in India and USA?
- Indian Parliamentary System has undergone many changes which differentiate it from British Parliamentary System. Comment
- Discuss the changes brought about by privatisation of education and health. Do you think privatisation will contribute to better access to education and health
- Government makes many schemes for socio and economic development of weaker section of society. But these schemes fail when it comes to implementations ,how E-Governance can help to deliver such services at grass root level efficiently?
- Discuss the role of NGOs and SHG in promoting the welfare of downtrodden section of society?
- Write an essay on the United Nation's peacekeeping operations and challenges to India.
- Critically examine the role of Indian Diaspora in Look East Policy
- Write short notes on the following: a. Radical Activism in Pakistan b. Rohingyas
- Explain how South China Sea dispute will affect the security of South-East Asia.
- What is the role of minorities in the politics of Pakistan?
- Evaluate the process of democratilization in Bhutan and Maldives.
- Discuss the recent developments in Indian and Israel relations. How are these developments are affecting Indian foreign policy?
- Define the concept of Sovereignty in international relations by tracing its origin and the developments it has undergone in recent years
- Both China and India have emerged as major players in international arena. Why both nations have different approaches towards the international issues?
- India and Mexico are Natural Allies. Explain the reasons if you agree and also if disagree.
- India and Japan Relations can play a great stability role in the South Asian Politics.
- Due to the dominance of the Prime Minister’s Office the Cabinet Secretariat is losing its sheen. Critically Comment
- Explain the concept of Social Justice. Also Explain the provisions of the Constitution of India which are relevant to the Social Justice.
- Discuss with relevant example the schemes and services started for the Aged Persons in India.