Probationary Officers written examination is conducted every year by Indian Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) through which various candidates from all over the country get placed in various nationalized banks. Overall from the lakhs of candidates who apply for the examination, a few thousands get placed every year. Keeping the alluring career in mind the examination is thus set to match the level as well. The written examination tests the overall ability of the candidate that too in a limited time, which tests the mental and psychological preparation of the candidate.
The IBPS PO written examination consists of five major sections, which includes English Language, Reasoning, General Awareness (with special emphasis on banking industry), Quantitative Aptitude and Computer knowledge. While most papers contain 50 or 40 marks, this paper carries only 20 marks. This is a paper where a candidate with a little devotion of his time can score really well. All you need to do is to go through basic computer acquaintance and try your hands on practical computers for some time to do well in the test (Get Practice Paper for Computer Knowledge). The number of question remains that to be 40 in the paper which carries a total mark of 20. If you know the basics of the computer you can answer the questions quick as well, saving your valuable time to utilize in some other paper.
Most of the questions in the paper are from basic level computer skills, and you can undergo a short term course on computer if you are not that aware of the technicalities of the computer. It is very easy to grasp the information related to computers if it is done in a graphical manner and it helps remembering various things that could help candidates solving the answers in the examination.
Description of the Questions asked in the Paper
- Get the Hardware and Software clear: Computers deal with hardware and software and to crack the paper you need to understand the connection that lies within them. You need to undergo a detailed analysis of the computer hardware and should understand the function of various software (sometimes related to database questions) that are presently being used for official purposes and general entertainment.
- Know more about Internet and Networking: There are often many a questions that are asked from the internet and networking section. Candidates are expected to know the basics of internet connection types, topologies, firewalls and other networking concepts which might get useful in their jobs later. You need to understand the computer terminologies related with internet and networking as well.
- Get yourself acquainted with MS Office: The question paper contains questions pertaining to the programmes in MS Office. There are questions from the specific sections of MS WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT and many others that need to get answered by the candidates.
- Go through Computer Abbreviation and Operating Systems: The computer runs with the help of an operating system. The candidates are expected to know the questions related to basic computer abbreviations and terminologies.
- Get your history right: Computer history is one such thing area from which one or more questions are bound to come by every year in this section. The computer history is more than half a decade long and thus needs your attention while learning.