Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical (KEAM):
KEAM is short for the Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical. It is an entrance examination series for admissions to various professional degree courses in the state of Kerala. It is conducted by the Office of the Commissioner of Entrance Exams, run by the Government of Kerala.
- Candidates who wish to apply should be an Indian citizen.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders will be treated on par with Indian citizens for the purpose of admission only.
- A candidate of Kerala origin will be categorized as a Keralite only for the purpose of eligibility for admission.
- Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre come under this category and should produce a certificate from the competent authority showing that the parent of the candidate is an AIS officer allotted to Kerala cadre.
3. Non-Keralite Category I (NK I): A candidate who is not of Kerala origin but fulfils anyone of the following conditions will be categorised as 'Non-Keralite Category I(NK I).
- A candidate who has been a resident of Kerala State for a period of 5 years within the period of 12 years of study and is a non keralite.
- A candidate who has studied in Kerala from Class VIII to XII and is not of Kerala Origin
- A candidate who has studied 10+2 in Kerala and whose parents are Non- Keralites belonging to the Government of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
- A candidate who has studied 10+2 in Kerala and whose parents are Non- Keralites serving/served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years Iincluding the period of study of the qualifying exam).
3. Non-Keralite Category-II (NK II):
- Candidates who do not belong to the ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non- Keralite Category-I’ will be considered as ‘Non-Keralite Category-II'.
- Such candidates can apply ONLY to the ‘State Merit’ seats in the Private Self-financing Engineering Colleges in the State or the "Management Quota" seats in Self-financing Engineering institutions under Government control.
4. Eligibility Criteria for Engineering courses:
- For B.Tech (Ag. Engg.) and B.Tech (Food Engg.) and B.Tech (Dairy Science. & Technology):
- Candidates must have passed the HSC exam of Kerala or equivalent from a recognized board.
- They must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50 % marks in aggregate in Physics and Chemistry
5. Eligibility for Diploma Holders in Engineering:
- Candidates who have passed a Diploma in engineering or equivalent are also eligible.
- Such a Diploma in engineering must have been recognized by the State Board of Technical Education.
- They must have undergone a minimum 3 year institutional course from an AICTE recognized institution.
- They must have obtained a minimum of 50% in the final year of such a course
Eligibility Criteria For B.Tech. (D.Sc. & Tech):
- Candidates must have passed the HSC exam of Kerala, or equivalent with 50 % marks in Mathematics or Biology
- They must have secured an aggregate of 50 % marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology
- They will be required to pursue a make-up course in Basic Mathematics (2+0) credits or Applied Biology (1+1) credit as the case may be.
Note: Diploma Holders in Engineering will not be considered for admission to the Engineering Colleges affiliated to Kerala Agricultural University and Kerala
- Total number of questions: 120
- There would be two papers; Paper I of Chemistry and Physics, paper II of Math.
- Exam duration: 150 Minutes (2:30 hours)
- Total marks: 480
- Each correct answer fetches 4 marks according to Kerala CEE 2014 Exam Pattern
- Every wrong answer will fetch -1 mark (negative marking)
- For an un-attempted question, no marks would be given or deducted
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering) [B.Tech. (Agri. Engg.)]
- B.Tech. (Dairy Science & Technology) [B.Tech. (D.Sc. & Tech.)]
- B.Tech. (Food Engineering) [B.Tech. (Food Engg.)]
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Bachelor of Science-Agriculture [BSc.(Hons.) Agri.]
- Bachelor of Science-Forestry [BSc.(Hons.) Forestry]
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. & AH)
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science (BFSc.)
How to apply:
Candidate can apply for KEAM, online and send a printout to the CEE on or before the last date mantioned in the notification. Online submission of Application can be made by accessing the official websites of KEAM.