MAT May 2016: Dates and Details announced on aima.in
All the MBA aspirants who are eligible to give the entrance exams are invited by AIMA i.e. to give their entrance exam i.e. MAT. The MAT Entrance Examination is going to be conducted in May 2016. The candidates can apply for Management Aptitude Test (MAT) May 2016 by carefully reading the instructions
All the MBA aspirants who are eligible to give the entrance exams are invited by AIMA i.e. to give their entrance exam i.e. MAT. The MAT Entrance Examination is going to be conducted in May 2016. The candidates can apply for Management Aptitude Test (MAT) May 2016 by carefully reading the instructions given below:
About Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
All India Management Association (AIMA) has released its notification for Management Aptitude Test (MAT) – which is going to held in May 2016. The interested and eligible candidates can register themselves through either online or offline mode.
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national level entrance exam which is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) four times in a year to screen the eligible and deserving candidates for seeking admission to MBA and allied programmes. There are several B-schools in the country that accept MAT score card.
In 2003, Govt. of India (GOI), Ministry of Human Resource Department has approved MAT as a national level test. The test facilitates Business Schools (B-Schools) to screen candidates for admission to MBA and allied programmes. B-schools (both national and international) can consider can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates
MAT MAY 2016: Eligibility
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Final year degree course students can also apply
Courses covered under Management Aptitude Test (MAT) MAY 2016
All India Management Association (AIMA) conducts Management Aptitude Test (MAT) for short listing eligible and deserving candidates in the following courses;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in Insurance Management, HR, Finance, Marketing, Operations, and International Business.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology & Management (PGDITM) in IT Marketing, E-Commerce, Information Systems Management etc.
MAT MAY 2016: Important Dates/Schedule
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Exam pattern / Structure for MAT MAY 2016
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is an objective type exam and is conducted 4 times in a year.
The exam comprises of objective multiple choice based questions
- 200 MCQs
- 4 options in each question
- 0.25 mark deduction for choosing each incorrect choice
- 1 mark for choosing each correct choice
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is conducted in both the formats i.e. online and paper based format for the duration of 2.50 hours. The MCQ will be broadly based on the 5 sections;
Sections Covered in the Test:
- Language Comprehension
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation
- General Awareness
Mode of Test
Candidate can choose any ONE of the two options to take the test:
Paper Based Test
Computer Based Test
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) MAY 2016 Syllabus
|1||Language Comprehension||Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs, Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc); Ratio, percentages, Profit & loss, HCF, LCM, Work and time etc.; Mean, median, mode, Geometric & harmonic mean etc.; Permutation, combinations, vectors, Binomial Expansion etc.|
|3||Data Interpretation||Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn diagram, etc. Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements. Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree - identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.|
|4||General Awareness||Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Major corporate events, Famous award and prizes , World Records, Books and authors, Science, History, Geography, International organizations, Important, quotations, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc|
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) MAY 2016, Registration Procedure
Candidate can choose any one of the following modes to apply.
Application Fees for Management Aptitude Test (MAT) MAY 2016
Application fees for MAT MAY 2016 is Rs.1200. Candidates can pay application fees with the help of following means;
(1) Online: Candidate can pay through Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card)/Net Banking
(2) By Demand Draft: Candidates can obtain crossed Demand Draft (DD) of Rs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only) in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at Delhi from any Bank.
(3) Offline: Pay cash Candidates can obtain Form with MAT Bulletin/CD against cash payment of Rs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only) from listed Nodal Centres of AIMA OR from AIMA, New Delhi.
Top Member List of Participating Management Institutes
Following are the name of some institutions that accept score of MAT;
- Accman Institute of Management, Greater Noida
- AIMA-Centre for Management Education (PGDM), New Delhi
- Amity University, Noida
- Amrapali Institute, Haldwani
- Ansal Technical Campus, Lucknow
- AP Goyal Shimla University, Shimla
- Apeejay Institute of Technology, Greater Noida
- Apeejay School of Management, New Delhi
- Xavier Institute of Development Action & Studies, Jabalpur
- Alard Institute of Management Sciences, Pune
- Amity University, Gwalior
- Amity University, Jaipur
- Acharya Academy of Management Studies, Bangalore
- Acharya Bangalore B-School, Bangalore
- Acharya Institute of Management & Sciences, Bangalore
Test Center Cities for Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- Test Centre City list is provided in the Bulletin. Test Venues for Paper-Based Test and Computer Based Test are different.
- The Paper-Based Test will take place only on one day i.e., 01 May 2016 at one time slot i.e., 10.00am-12.30pm, whereas the Computer Based Test will take place from 07 May 2016 in different time slots.
- If the number of candidates registered for Computer Based Test is limited and it can be accommodated in a single day; the test will be completed on 07 May 2016 itself.
- If the number of candidates registered for Computer Based Test is few in a particular centre, these candidates have to appear for the Paper-Based Test on 01 May 2016.
MAT Registration Form Acknowledgement
All Forms received at AIMA are scanned / validated within 5 days and the Form Numbers of such received forms will be available on website link: http://apps.aima.in/mat_reciept.aspx.
Further, your form is scrutinized and if found in order; it is provisionally registered.
MAT Registration Form received later than the due date is liable to be rejected. Neither any correspondence in this regard will be entertained nor will the fee to be refunded.
Admit Card for Management Aptitude Test (MAT) MAY 2016
All provisionally registered candidates both for Paper Based and Computer Based Test can download their Admit Card from AIMA website link: https://apps.aima.in/matadmitcard.aspx on or after 23 April 2016 (Saturday).
Specific Admit Card is generated both for the candidates opted for the Paper Based Test and for the Computer Based Test. Admit Card contains Candidate’s Name, Form No, Roll No, Test Date, Test Time, and Test Venue Address. Candidate has to strictly follow the date and time allotted to him/her in the case of Computer Based Test.
Main Points of Management Aptitude Test (MAT) MAY 2016
Applicants need to consider following main points for MAT Exam;
(1) MAT is conducted as online / offline examination on some specific exam centers.
(2) The question paper is consisted of 200 MCQ based questions from 4 sections.
(3) Time duration for this exam will be 2.5 hours.
(4) This entrance exam is conducted in two or more sessions, depending upon the number of applicants.
(5) There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong response.
(6) Electronic devices will not be permitted at exam centers, during the examination.