National Agri- Food Biotechnology Institute, Mohali invited applications from eligible male candidates fulfilling the requisite criteria for filling up the vacancies of “Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) and Project Assistant” for various projects.The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 22 July 2014 before 06.00 PM.
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 22 July 2014 before 06.00 PM.
Details of Posts
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
- Project Assistant (Level - II)
Educational Qualification: Possess Master Degree in the relevant field from a recognized University or Institution.
Details of Projects
- First project is Gene discovery for processing and nutritional quality in Wheat. And Second one is Accelerated breeding for improvement of processing and nutritional quality in wheat (for Agri- Biotechnology).
- First project isDevelopment of carbohydrate based edible coating and packaging material to enhance food shelf life. And second one Postharvest biotechnology (for Food Biotechnology).
- Development of advanced computational tools for crop genomics (for Bioinformatics).
For Project Assistant
- Developmental biology for crop improvement.
Pay Scale/ Fellowship
Candidate will get the Fellowship ranging between Rs. 12,000/- to Rs. 18,000/- (for post of JRF) and Fellowship as per DST Guidelines (for post of Project Assistant).
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in the Personal Interview, which will be conducted by the administration.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may applyin the prescribed format along with the attested copies of testimonials/ certificates relating to educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, category (SC/ ST/ OBC), etc. with Application Fee and a recent passport size photograph should be affixed on the application(if reqd.)may be forwarded to the “Administrative Officer, National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute, C-127, Industrial Area, Phase VIII, S.A.S Nagar-160071, Punjab” by post on or before 22 July 2014 before 06.00 PM.