National Institute of Technology (NIT), Meghalaya invited applications from eligible candidates, who fulfill the requisite criteria for enrolling themselves to take Admission to the course of ‘Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programme’ of January 2015 in following below mentioned categories. The candidates eligible for the enrolment for Admission may apply on or before 20 November 2014 by 05.00 PM.
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 20 November 2014 by 05.00 PM.
Details of Courses
- Name of Course: Ph.D. Programme
- Commenced on: January 2015.
- Name of Discipline/ Branch :
- Computer Science & Engineering.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
Candidates should possess Master’s Degree in the relevant branch of Engineering or M. Sc./ M. Tech/ M.E/ Management Sciences or equivalent Degree in appropriate discipline with consistently good academic record with a valid GATE Score.
Categories of Students
- For Regular Scholars: Regular (full- time) scholars must be with the Institute Assistance.
- Sponsored Scholars: Research Scholars sponsored by recognized R&D Organizations, National Institutions, Universities, Govt. Organizations or Industries.
- Project Fellow: Scholar already working on different Research Projects in the Institute.
- Part Time: Scholars employed in the Institutions etc.
Application Fee (Non- refundable) is of Rs. 500/- for General and OBC candidates (Rs. 250/- for SC/ ST candidates) in the form of Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favour of “NIT Meghalaya”, payable at Shillong.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of Academic Record and performance in the Personal Interview, which might be conducted by the administration.
How to Apply
- Interested Candidates may apply in the prescribed format along with the duly attested photo copies of relevant certificates/ testimonials in support of date of birth, qualifications, mark sheets, experience (if any), category (SC/ ST/ PWD), etc., with a recent passport size photograph and Demand Draft may be forwarded to the “NIT, Bijini Complex, Laitumkhrah, Shillong – 793 003” on or before 20 November 2014.