National level entrance exam: VITEEE
VITEEE is the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by the VIT University. VIT University, formerly known as Vellore Engineering College is an Indian institute of higher education and a Deemed University under Section 3 of the UGC Act. The university was founded in 1984. The institution offers 18 undergraduate and 34 postgraduate programmes. It has campuses both at Vellore and Chennai. In 2014, 1,84,483 candidates had appeared in VITEEE 2014 for 5,000 engineering seats of the university.
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National.
- Any one of the following exam:
1. The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi); The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi).
2. Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
3. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) Level.
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2014 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
Test duration and paper pattern:
- Question Paper: All Questions will be of OBJECTIVE TYPE
- PART-I – Physics. PART-II – Chemistry. PART-III – Mathematics / Biology
- The selection of pattern (Physics/ Chemistry /Mathematics or Biology) has to be decided at the time of slot booking (March 2014).
- All the questions will be mostly from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus only.
- Each part has 40 questions and each question carries one mark.
- Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate will have to choose the correct answer and click the same.
- No negative marks for wrong answers.
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply online as well as offline.
Click here to discuss queries regarding VITEEE.