After the declaration of WBJEE 2016 Result on 6th June 2016, the WBJEE Counselling is expected to kick-off from June 15. Students can get all the relevant information about WBJEE cut-off, WBJEE Merit List, online registration process and the process of seat allotment here.
Much to the delight of anxious students, the WBJEE Result 2016 was announced by on 6th June 2016. Conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB), the result of the engineering and pharmacy entrance examination was announced within 19 days of the after the WBJEE 2016 was held. Along with the declaring the WBJEE 2016 Result, the WBJEEB chairman Sajal Dasgupta also shared critical details about the WBJEE Counselling process, which will be conducted through online platforms this year from June 15 onwards. Read on to find out all the important information about WBJEE Counselling process, steps involved for online registration, WBJEE counselling fees and final seat allotment process below.
WBJEE 2016 Counselling Dates
While declaring the WBJEE Result 2016, the board chairman Sajal Dasgupta also clarified that the online counselling for seat allotment will begin from June 15. This year, the WBJEE Counselling process will be completely online including registration and fees payment. In all three rounds of WB JEE counselling will be held by the board to shortlist candidates and allot seats to selected aspirants. However, unlike the previous year, students will not have to wait for all the three rounds to be completed to take admissions. The admission process and seat allotment for all students will be done alongside the three counselling rounds.
Eligibility to apply for WBJEE Online Counselling
As per the WBJEE counselling brochure, candidates who have qualified in WBJEE 2016, NATA 2016 and JEE Main 2016 are eligible to apply for WBJEE Online Counselling process. However, respective candidates will be required fulfil the eligibility criteria of respective colleges to secure final admission and seat allotment. This year, there are 36,263 seats available in 102 engineering colleges in the State and 1,085 seats in 13 colleges for pharmacy.
Image Courtesy: wbjeeb.nic.in
Online Registration Procedure for WBJEE 2016 Counselling Process
In all, the board would conduct three rounds of counselling to allot seats to shortlisted candidates through WBJEE Scorecard. In order to begin the counselling process, students will have to register themselves online through official portal of the WBJEEB.
Steps for online registration process for WBJEE 2016 Counselling Process are given below:
- Visit the official website i.e., www.wbjeeb.nic.in
- Register yourself for counselling process by submitting WBJEE 2016/JEE Main 2016 Roll No, Application No, Name and Date of Birth
- After completing the registration process, aspirants can download the e-challan for paying the non-refundable counselling fee of Rs. 500
- The fee has to be paid through respective bank with help of e-challan
- After payment of fees, re-login on the WBJEEB website using your personal details and enter the e-challan payment details
- Once e-challan number is submitted, students will be provided with their Identity Code and Password
The online registration process for WBJEE Counselling process is a one-time process and, therefore, candidates are requested to exercise caution while filling in the educational, personal and fee-related details. Once submitted, none of these details can be modified. The online registration for WBJEE Counselling 2016 will be valid for all the three rounds.
Online Choice Filling
After successfully completing the online registration process, candidates will be required to complete their online choice filling for colleges and branches. The choice of colleges and engineering branches will be done on the basis of WBJEE 2016 Rank or JEE Main 2016 Rank. Candidates, who have qualified in both the exams, can submit only one set of choices for both colleges and engineering streams. The choices submitted will be applicable for all the three rounds of WBJEE counselling. After locking their online choice, candidates should take a printout of the document for reference purposes.
WBJEE 2016 Seat Allotment
The WBJEE seat allotment will be done on the basis of General Merit Rank (GMR) obtained by the candidate in WBJEE 2016 Result. In the case of JEE Main 2016, the admission will be granted on the basis of All-India Rank (AIR). The choices of stream and colleges locked by the candidates during the online registration process will also be taken into account against the vacancy available in different institutes for allotment of seats. After the completion of WBJEE Seat allotment process, students are requested to download and take a printout of the WBJEE 2016 Seat Allotment letters. Candidates who revoke the seats allotted to them will not be eligible for the second and third round of counselling; only in the fourth round, they shall be granted permission to participate in counselling process depending upon vacancies available.
- Factors that generally affect the WBJEE Seat Allotment Process
- Choices filled by the candidate
- Tie-breaking mechanism for clash on the same seat
- Reservation norms
- Number of seats in a particular college
- Non-reporting or non-payment of fees
- Merit list ranking
- Number of seats in the applied courses
- Withdrawals from allotment
After every round of WBJEE Counselling, students who are allotted seats will have to confirm their admission by option for remote admission at the reporting centre. The dates to report to remote admission reporting centres will be issued after the successful completion of respective counselling rounds.
Along with confirming the admission at the Remote Admission Reporting Centres, candidates would also need to verify all their necessary documents to secure admission to engineering colleges. Candidates would require the originals of following documents along with attested copies for verification purposes:
- WBJEE 2016 Admit Card
- Print out of WBJEE 2016/ JEE Main 2016 rank from website
- Higher Secondary/Class XII (or equivalent examination) Mark Sheet
- Madhyamik/ Class X (or equivalent examination) Admit Card
- WBJEE 2016 Seat Allotment Letter
- Receipt of Online Counselling Registration Fee (e-Challan receipt)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
Claiming Allotted Seats at Institutes
After securing the remote admission, to claim the seats allotted during the counselling process, students will have to report to their respective institutions and submit the required fees to claim admission. The respective admission fee amount is given below:
- Fee for Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW): Rs 4000
- Fees for University/Government Institute: Rs 5000
- State Funded Institutions (SFI): Rs 20,000