Income tax is one the key source of revenue for the Government of India and is managed by CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes). The Income Tax Officers have very important role to play as far as collection and processing of direct taxes is concerned.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts annual entrance examination for recruitment of candidates in the income tax department. Any aspiring candidate must fulfil the following Eligibility For Income Tax Exam.
• Citizenship: The candidate must be a citizen of India
• Academic Qualifications: The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university
• Age criteria: The candidate’s age should be between 18-27 years.
In addition to the aforementioned eligibility conditions, there are certain physical standards for Income Tax Central Excise Inspectors Examination. The candidate must fulfil in order to be eligible for the post of Income Tax Officer.
• Height: 157.5 cms
• Chest: 81cm, fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
• Endurance Test: Walking - 1600 metres in 15 minutes; Cycling - 8 Km in 30 minutes
• Height: 152 cms
• Weight: 48 Kgs
• Endurance Test: Walking - 1 km in 20 minutes, Cycling - 3 km in 20 minutes
Find latest update on Government Jobs
Know How to Become an Anganwadi Worker: Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process & More
Paralegal Volunteer: Job Profile, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process and Job Prospects
Jobs for 10th pass Candidates in Indian Railways: Check Eligibility, Experience, Selection Process
RAS Main Exam 2018: Maths excluded from Main Examination