Aashay Verma and Priyanka Prabhakara selected for 2017 All-Star BWB Global Camp
Verma is a 17-year old teenager, 7-foot, 1-inch tall and plays center. Prabhakara is a 5-foot, 10-inch tall player and hails from Kerala.
The National Basketball Association (NBA) and the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) on 9 February 2017 announced the names of the top 67 boys and girls for the third annual Basketball without Borders (BWB) Global Camp.
The list also shows the names of India youngsters Aashay Verma and Priyanka Prabhakara. Verma is a 17-year old teenager, 7-foot, 1-inch tall and plays center. Prabhakara is a 5-foot, 10-inch tall player and hails from Kerala.
The BWB Global Camp will be held from 17 February to 19 February 2017 at the New Orleans Pelicans’ practice facility as part of NBA All-Star 2017.
What is Basketball Without Borders Camp?
• Basketball Without Borders is a basketball instructional camp.
• It is organised by the National Basketball Association in conjunction with the International Basketball Federation.
• It is a four-day camp, which brings together top young basketball talent aged 19 and younger from Asia-Pacific, Europe, Americas and Africa.
• The BWB presents itself as a “basketball development and community outreach program that unites young basketball players to promote the sport and encourage positive social change in the areas of education, health, and wellness”.
• It also promotes leadership, education, sportsmanship and healthy living with an emphasis on HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention.
• The camp has been organised annually since 2001.
• 41 BWB camps have been held across 23 cities in 20 countries with in excess of 2300 participants from more than 120 countries and territories.