Abraham Samuel, Popularly Called the Cigarette Snatcher, Passed Away at 53
Abraham Samuel, 53, who was popularly called the cigarette snatcher passed away on 28 July 2013 in Dubai.
Abraham Samuel, 53, who was popularly called the cigarette snatcher passed away on 28 July 2013 in Dubai. He was suffering from lung cancer. He is survived by his wife and two daughters.
Interesting facts about Abraham Samuel
• Abraham Samuel was an Indian cancer patient.
• He was popularly called the cigarette snatcher.
• He campaigned against smoking in his own unusual ways. He confronted the strangers at public places and requested them to quit smoking. In order to warn people, he showed his radiation marks on the body to make people aware about the ill effects of smoking.
• He was diagnosed with lung cancer in the year 2010 because of his habit of smoking two packets of cigarettes for 35 years.
• He is known for converting the smokers into non-smokers, after being diagnosed with lung cancer.
• Abraham Samuel worked at the stationary company for 3500 dirhams or 57700 Rupees per month.
Facts about smoking
• Around half of the cancers in males in India, are those related to tobacco. It is important to note that more than 60 percent of people suffering from heart diseases below 40 years of age are smokers.
• India also has the highest rate of oral cancer in the entire world and 90 percent of patients are the tobacco chewers.
• In the year 2010, it was estimated that 930000 adults died in India because of smoking. Out of these 70 percent were between the age group of 30 to 69 years.
• Cigarettes are composed of high poisonous content, which include nicotine, tar, carbon monoxide as well as certain other kinds of poisons.