The Andhra Pradesh (AP) Government on 29 September 2014 signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) agreement with Google India for Digital AP project. The agreement was signed at the CEOs’ Conclave of Information Technology (IT) companies in AP.
Under the memorandum, Google India will work with the AP government to get women and small and medium businesses online and help them gain from the internet economy. It will launch a series of initiatives to transform the State into digital AP in a record time.
By improving accessibility to government websites and scaling the local language web, Google will endeavour to make the Internet more meaningful to the users who do not speak English.
Highlights of the MoU Agreement
• Google will make websites mobile-ready and accessible in the local language.
• It will promote Internet Safety amongst children and government officials.
• Google will improve the online content as well as will get more local language content online.
• It will collaborate with AP government to scale initiatives to promote digital literacy amongst women.
• The initiatives will include developing Telugu font, keyboards and content.
Digital AP Project
The Government of Andhra Pradesh intends to develop Andhra Pradesh into a global digital development hub with its Digital AP project. The vision laid out under the Digital AP project is in tandem with the Digital India Initiative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Important MoUs signed with other companies
• The event also marked the launch of a Technology Research and Incubation Park at Madhurawada IT Special Economic Zone (SEZ). The AP government signed MoU with Kochi-based company Start-up Village for managing the incubation park.
• AP government also signed MoU with various IT companies for setting up their facilities in and around Visakhapatnam. These include MoU with Tech Mahindra for its facility over 10 acres of land. It is expected to provide 5000 jobs.
• Another MoU was signed with Wipro to accord SEZ status to its existing campus in the city. The facility will increase the number of jobs to 7000.
• Under another agreement, the government allotted 13 acres at Gambheeram IT SEZ to Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and Research (SAMEER) to set up a research and development centre.
When: 29 September 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.