Azlan Shah-The Father of Malaysian hockey died at 86
Azlan Shah best known as The Father of Malaysian hockey passed died
Azlan Shah best known as The Father of Malaysian hockey died in Ipoh, Malaysia on 28 May 2014. He was 86.
Shah was the 34th ruler of the State of Perak and was a die-hard hockey player. He was a former President of Malaysian Hockey Confederation (MHC).
About Azlan Shah
• Raja Azlan Shah was born on 19 April 1928 in Perak.
• He was a lawyer by profession and served as a judge and the Lord President of the Federal Court.
• He played for the Perak Malays and Perak State teams.
• The Sultan Azlan Shah Cup is also named after him.
• He was elected as the vice president of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) in 1992.
• He was also elected as the president of the Asian Hockey Federation in 1997 and remained till his death.